This web page contains thorough information on how to remove Chromium for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall Chromium from your systemChromium
. You can read more on Chromium or check for application updates here
. The program is usually located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application folder. Keep in mind that this path can vary depending on the user's preference. The complete uninstall command line for Chromium is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application\41.0.2223.0\Installer\setup.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled chrome.exe and its approximative size is 670.50 KB (686592 bytes).
Chromium installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 4.77 MB (5000192
bytes) on disk.
- chrome.exe (670.50 KB)
- delegate_execute.exe (1.11 MB)
- nacl64.exe (2.04 MB)
- setup.exe (983.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 41.0.2223.0
of Chromium. Click on the links below for other Chromium versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Chromium we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Chromium when you uninstall it:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Certificate Revocation Lists
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Application Cache\Cache\data_0
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Application Cache\Cache\data_1
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Application Cache\Cache\data_2
Use regedit.exe to delete the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\DefaultBrowser_NOPUBLISHERID\SplashScreen\DefaultBrowser_NOPUBLISHERID!Chromium.N3MVBCCKRVSMJC5HJTL5OPDL2U
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\DefaultBrowser_NOPUBLISHERID\SplashScreen\DefaultBrowser_NOPUBLISHERID!Chromium.N3MVBCCKRVSMJC5HJTL5OPDL2U\Image
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Chromium\Application\chrome.exe.FriendlyAppName
Chromium is a program by Chromium. Some users try to remove this application. Sometimes this is difficult because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK approach to remove Chromium is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Chromium from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Chromium or simply click the Search feature and type in "Chromium". If it is installed on your PC the Chromium application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Chromium in the list of applications, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about Chromium, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Chromium.
8. After removing Chromium, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Chromium which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Chromium using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Chromium by Chromium from your computer, nor are we saying that Chromium by Chromium is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Chromium supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-19 07:13:35.390