This page contains thorough information on how to remove PCBoost for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall PCBoost from your computerPGWARE LLC
. More information on PGWARE LLC can be found here
. Detailed information about PCBoost can be seen at http://www.pgware.com
. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost directory (same installation drive as Windows). The complete uninstall command line for PCBoost is C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\unins000.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 2.31 MB (2418408 bytes) on disk and is called PCBoost.exe.
The following executable files are contained in PCBoost. They take 8.94 MB (9370816
bytes) on disk.
- PCBoost.exe (2.31 MB)
- PCBoostRegister.exe (1.88 MB)
- PCBoostTray.exe (1.64 MB)
- PCBoostUpdate.exe (1.89 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.21 MB)
The current page applies to PCBoost version 126.96.36.1992
alone. You can find below info on other versions of PCBoost:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling PCBoost we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove PCBoost:
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\History.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\License.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\PCBoost.chm
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\PCBoost.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\PCBoostRegister.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\PCBoostTray.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\PCBoostUpdate.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\ReadMe.rtf
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\unins000.dat
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\unins000.exe
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\unins000.msg
- C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\uninsimg.dat
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\PGWare PcBoost 188.8.131.522.lnk
PCBoost is an application offered by the software company PGWARE LLC. Frequently, computer users decide to erase this application. This can be troublesome because deleting this manually requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY procedure to erase PCBoost is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete PCBoost using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find PCBoost or simply activate the Search field and type in "PCBoost". If it exists on your system the PCBoost app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click PCBoost in the list , the following data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about PCBoost, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for PCBoost:
- The publisher is: http://www.pgware.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\PCBoost\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall PCBoost.
8. After uninstalling PCBoost, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong PCBoost which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling PCBoost using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove PCBoost by PGWARE LLC from your PC, nor are we saying that PCBoost by PGWARE LLC is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove PCBoost in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-11-06 20:30:43.627