This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be seen here
. More info about the program Dropbox can be seen at http://www.dropbox.com
. The program is often found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe". Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for admin rights. Dropbox's primary file takes about 40.62 MB (42591448 bytes) and its name is Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox is comprised of the following executables which occupy 46.23 MB (48479832
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (40.62 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (259.47 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (250.91 KB)
- DropboxData.exe (5.12 MB)
This page is about Dropbox version 3.1.274
only. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is a program released by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Some computer users want to erase this application. Sometimes this can be difficult because performing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY procedure to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Dropbox from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Dropbox in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe"
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-05 17:30:19.840