A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computer
You can find below details on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. The Windows version was created by Dropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. More data about the application Dropbox can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing Dropbox is C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is named Dropbox.exe and it has a size of 7.79 MB (8172776 bytes).
The following executables are contained in Dropbox. They occupy 8.70 MB (9122712
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Dropbox.exe (7.79 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (159.01 KB)
- DropboxNativeMessagingHost.exe (260.73 KB)
- DropboxThumbnailGenerator.exe (30.73 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (397.73 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (43.23 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (36.23 KB)
This info is about Dropbox version 122.3.4837
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
A way to erase Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Dropbox is an application offered by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall it. This can be troublesome because performing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY approach to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list , some data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2021-05-07 04:02:28.237