A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computer
This web page contains thorough information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. The Windows version was created by Dropbox, Inc.
. More info about Dropbox, Inc. can be seen here
. Please follow http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s web page. Dropbox is usually installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's choice. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Dropbox. The program's main executable file is titled Dropbox.exe and its approximative size is 40.59 MB (42560368 bytes).
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 41.09 MB (43080912
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (40.59 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.60 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (251.74 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.2.9
of Dropbox. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom\2.56_0\img\dropbox1.png
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom\2.56_0\img\dropbox2.png
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom\2.56_0\img\dropbox3.png
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
How to uninstall Dropbox from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Dropbox is a program by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users want to erase it. This can be troublesome because deleting this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY solution to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Dropbox in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
- Windows 7 (6.1)
- Windows Vista (6.0)
- Windows 8.1 (6.3)
- Windows XP (5.1)
- Windows 8 (6.2)
- Windows (6.4)
- Windows Server 2003 (5.2)
This page is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 00:31:15.977