A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computer
This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by Dropbox, Inc.
. Check out here
for more info on Dropbox, Inc.. More details about the app Dropbox can be found at https://www.dropbox.com
. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder (same installation drive as Windows). Dropbox's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Dropbox.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 8.40 MB (8807200 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed along with Dropbox. They take about 9.36 MB (9813032
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Dropbox.exe (8.40 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (208.32 KB)
- DropboxNativeMessagingHost.exe (265.79 KB)
- DropboxThumbnailGenerator.exe (30.79 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (397.78 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (43.29 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (36.29 KB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 138.3.2340
alone. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Dropbox is a program offered by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people want to erase this application. This is troublesome because deleting this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK procedure to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox application will be found automatically. After you select Dropbox in the list of apps, the following data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the program is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2021-12-11 08:02:00.903