Dropbox is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. Take a look here
where you can find out more on Dropbox, Inc.. More details about Dropbox can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox application is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can remove Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's primary executable file and it takes around 22.99 MB (24105936 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Dropbox. They take about 23.22 MB (24348528
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (22.99 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (169.23 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (17.96 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (25.11 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (24.61 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 5.3.20
only. You can find below a few links to other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Dropbox when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Generally the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_backend.pyd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_pywin_kernel32_x64d8f881xc8c369be.pyd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_unicode_environ_win32_x8bf8e68bx9968e850.pyd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_wpad_proxy_win_x752e3d61xdcfdcc84.pyd
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
Dropbox is a program released by Dropbox, Inc.. Some computer users want to remove this application. This is efortful because doing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. The best EASY procedure to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Dropbox from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox app will be found automatically. When you select Dropbox in the list of apps, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-28 05:08:20.290