This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Open here
where you can find out more on Dropbox, Inc.. More data about the application Dropbox can be found at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox application is found in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's main executable file and it occupies about 34.68 MB (36359432 bytes) on disk.
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 35.14 MB (36846792
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (34.68 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.92 KB)
This info is about Dropbox version 2.10.46
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were found:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Dropbox:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox.png
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox-2x.png
- C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\Big Bento\scripts\gen_dropbox.maki
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\npdicihegicnhaangkdmcgbjceoemeoo\1.0.5_0\icons\dropbox.svg
Dropbox is an application marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users want to erase this application. This is efortful because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE action to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Dropbox in the list of apps, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:56:34.050