This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Open here
where you can find out more on Dropbox, Inc.. More data about the application Dropbox can be found at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox application is found in the C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's main executable file and it occupies about 34.68 MB (36359432 bytes) on disk.
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 35.14 MB (36846792
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (34.68 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.92 KB)
This info is about Dropbox version 2.10.46
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were found:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Dropbox:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox.png
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox-2x.png
- C:\Program Files\Winamp\Skins\Big Bento\scripts\gen_dropbox.maki
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\npdicihegicnhaangkdmcgbjceoemeoo\1.0.5_0\icons\dropbox.svg
Dropbox is an application marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users want to erase this application. This is efortful because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE action to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox program will be found very quickly. When you click Dropbox in the list of apps, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:56:34.050