Dropbox is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Further information about Dropbox can be found at https://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is normally installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, subject to the user's option. The entire uninstall command line for Dropbox is C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe. The application's main executable file is titled Dropbox.exe and it has a size of 3.40 MB (3567936 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside Dropbox. They occupy about 3.68 MB (3859312
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (3.40 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (165.57 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (26.82 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (49.83 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (42.33 KB)
This data is about Dropbox version 43.4.50
only. You can find below a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
Dropbox has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall Dropbox:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxExt64.19.0.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\OldBinaries\bin_bm_vxc\Client\DropboxExt64.19.0.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\MuiCache\114\52C64B7E\@C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Update\1.3.295.1\goopdate.dll,-3000
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1358262446-1872838274-3002831213-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client_43.4.50\Dropbox.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-1358262446-1872838274-3002831213-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe
Dropbox is an application by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people choose to uninstall this program. This can be hard because deleting this manually requires some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK way to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found automatically. When you click Dropbox in the list of applications, some data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-02-09 00:11:45.887