This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. Take a look here
where you can read more on Dropbox, Inc.. Click on http://www.dropbox.com
to get more details about Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s website. The program is usually placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory. Take into account that this location can vary depending on the user's preference. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe". Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled Dropbox.exe and its approximative size is 40.62 MB (42596440 bytes).
Dropbox contains of the executables below. They take 41.12 MB (43119168
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (40.62 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (259.47 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (251.01 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.1.275
of Dropbox. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is a program released by Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, computer users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be efortful because uninstalling this by hand requires some skill related to PCs. The best QUICK way to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete Dropbox from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox app will be found very quickly. After you click Dropbox in the list of apps, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe"
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-02-05 15:03:45.760