Dropbox is a Windows application. Read more about how to uninstall it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Take a look here
for more details on Dropbox, Inc.. You can see more info about Dropbox at http://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is typically set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. The entire uninstall command line for Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's main executable file and it takes about 40.58 MB (42554688 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Dropbox. They occupy about 41.08 MB (43075104
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (40.58 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.60 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (251.62 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.2.4
of Dropbox. You can find below info on other application versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Dropbox:
The files below remain on your disk by Dropbox when you uninstall it:
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
Dropbox is a program marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people try to remove this program. Sometimes this is difficult because deleting this by hand requires some experience related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE solution to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox program will be found automatically. When you click Dropbox in the list , the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-07 16:27:32.030