This info is about Dropbox for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. You can get more details on Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com
. The program is usually found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for removing Dropbox is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 23.96 MB (25121968 bytes) on disk.
Dropbox contains of the executables below. They take 24.14 MB (25313392
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (23.96 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (168.98 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (17.96 KB)
This web page is about Dropbox version 3.14.2
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Dropbox:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Dropbox:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox.png
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\WebResources\Resource0\static\js\plugins\on-boarding\images\dropbox-2x.png
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_backend.pyd
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_python_x66cf7a7cx17a72769.pyd
Additional values that are not cleaned:
Dropbox is an application marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY approach to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove Dropbox from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Dropbox in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-01-21 20:37:51.577