A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computer
Dropbox is a software application. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was created by Dropbox, Inc.
. Take a look here
for more info on Dropbox, Inc.. More information about the application Dropbox can be found at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is installed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall Dropbox. The application's main executable file occupies 28.00 MB (29362120 bytes) on disk and is named Dropbox.exe.
The following executable files are contained in Dropbox. They take 29.10 MB (30510512
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (28.00 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (223.91 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (897.56 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 2.4.3
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are listed below.Folders remaining:
- C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Registry that is not uninstalled:
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
How to remove Dropbox from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Dropbox is a program released by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users try to uninstall this program. This is hard because performing this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK manner to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Dropbox in the list , the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
- Windows 7 (6.1)
- Windows 8 (6.2)
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-03-24 13:43:14.343