This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be found here
. Click on http://www.dropbox.com
to get more facts about Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s website. Usually the Dropbox program is found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled Dropbox.exe and occupies 37.18 MB (38989904 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside Dropbox. They occupy about 37.65 MB (39477320
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (37.18 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.98 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.11.28
of Dropbox. You can find below a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is a program released by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to erase this program. Sometimes this can be troublesome because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE practice to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-12-13 10:46:14.387