This page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be found here
. Click on http://www.dropbox.com
to get more facts about Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s website. Usually the Dropbox program is found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled Dropbox.exe and occupies 37.18 MB (38989904 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside Dropbox. They occupy about 37.65 MB (39477320
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (37.18 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.98 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.11.28
of Dropbox. You can find below a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is a program released by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to erase this program. Sometimes this can be troublesome because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE practice to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found automatically. After you click Dropbox in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-12-13 10:46:14.387