You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. More information about Dropbox, Inc. can be read here
. More information about the app Dropbox can be found at https://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for removing Dropbox is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 36.98 MB (38778912 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed together with Dropbox. They occupy about 37.14 MB (38944480
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (36.98 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (161.69 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 3.7.40
only. You can find below info on other releases of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is an application offered by Dropbox, Inc.. Some users decide to erase this program. This is difficult because performing this by hand takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK solution to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Dropbox from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox app will be found very quickly. After you click Dropbox in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the program is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-06-25 20:17:53.353