This web page contains complete information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Additional info about Dropbox, Inc. can be found here
. Detailed information about Dropbox can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com
. The application is frequently located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is named Dropbox.exe and occupies 41.84 MB (43871808 bytes).
The following executables are incorporated in Dropbox. They occupy 42.04 MB (44087032
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (41.84 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (161.68 KB)
- w9xpopen.exe (48.50 KB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 3.6.3
only. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall Dropbox you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Dropbox:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
- C:\Program Files\Argente Utilities\BackUp Manager\StartUp Manager\StartUp\Dropbox.lnk
- C:\Program Files\Free Download Manager\Skins\old style\dropbox.ico
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
Dropbox is a program offered by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, people try to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is difficult because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox app will be found very quickly. After you select Dropbox in the list of applications, the following data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-05-23 18:31:07.793