Dropbox is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. You can find out more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. You can see more info related to Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is typically set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client directory, depending on the user's option. You can uninstall Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's primary file takes about 22.65 MB (23745808 bytes) and is named Dropbox.exe.
The following executable files are contained in Dropbox. They take 22.89 MB (23996960
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (22.65 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (169.23 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (17.96 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (29.29 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (28.79 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.19.35
of Dropbox. You can find below info on other versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is an application offered by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to remove this program. Sometimes this can be difficult because doing this manually requires some know-how related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY procedure to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove Dropbox from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found very quickly. After you click Dropbox in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-05-30 18:46:10.940