This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. Take a look here
for more info on Dropbox, Inc.. More details about the application Dropbox can be found at http://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is typically set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, regulated by the user's decision. Dropbox's complete uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's primary executable file and it occupies approximately 29.29 MB (30714312 bytes) on disk.
Dropbox is comprised of the following executables which occupy 30.39 MB (31862672
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (29.29 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (223.91 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (897.53 KB)
This page is about Dropbox version 2.4.10
alone. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove Dropbox.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Dropbox from your computer:
The files below remain on your disk by Dropbox's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YahooInc.YahooMail_22.214.171.124_neutral__xvnatx83ncrvj\widgets\dropbox
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YahooInc.YahooMail_126.96.36.199_neutral__xvnatx83ncrvj\images\sync\dropbox_logo.scale-100.png
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YahooInc.YahooMail_188.8.131.52_neutral__xvnatx83ncrvj\images\sync\dropbox_logo.scale-140.png
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YahooInc.YahooMail_184.108.40.206_neutral__xvnatx83ncrvj\images\sync\dropbox_logo.scale-180.png
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\YahooInc.YahooMail_220.127.116.11_neutral__xvnatx83ncrvj\images\sync\dropbox_logo.scale-80.png
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.windows.authhost.a_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\dropbox.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.windows.authhost.a_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.dropbox.com
Dropbox is an application offered by Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, users decide to uninstall it. This is troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some skill related to PCs. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Dropbox from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of programs, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:02:08.733