This page is about Dropbox for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Open here
for more details on Dropbox, Inc.. Please follow https://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s web page. Dropbox is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, subject to the user's option. The full command line for removing Dropbox is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's main executable file and it occupies close to 23.66 MB (24809016 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in Dropbox. They occupy 23.82 MB (24978416
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (23.66 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (165.43 KB)
This web page is about Dropbox version 3.11.32
only. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
Dropbox has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk by Dropbox when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Dropbox
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_backend.pyd
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_enterprise_data_xe54ba33bxfa42ed4e.pyd
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_python_x66cf7a7cx17a72769.pyd
- C:\Program Files\Dropbox\Client\_cffi_pywin_kernel32_xde9e4433x360333f0.pyd
Additional values that you should clean:
Dropbox is a program by Dropbox, Inc.. Some users want to uninstall this application. This is troublesome because performing this manually requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK approach to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click Dropbox in the list of programs, the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:MACHINE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-10-02 00:02:44.970