This web page is about Dropbox for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Go over here
for more details on Dropbox, Inc.. Please open http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s page. Usually the Dropbox program is to be found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's main file takes about 34.73 MB (36414752 bytes) and is called Dropbox.exe.
The following executables are installed along with Dropbox. They occupy about 35.19 MB (36902136
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (34.73 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.95 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 2.10.28
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Dropbox from your computer:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_www.dropbox.com_0.localstorage
Dropbox is a program by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall this program. This is efortful because removing this by hand takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE approach to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. After you select Dropbox in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-22 14:11:09.427