Dropbox is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Open here
for more details on Dropbox, Inc.. You can get more details about Dropbox at http://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is usually set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the application. The full uninstall command line for Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled DropboxUninstaller.exe and it has a size of 256.02 KB (262160 bytes).
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 475.97 KB (487392
bytes) on disk.
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (256.02 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (219.95 KB)
This info is about Dropbox version 2.10.52
alone. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are shown below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Dropbox:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Dropbox
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_dl.dropbox.com_0.localstorage
Additional registry values that you should remove:
Dropbox is an application released by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users try to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be troublesome because removing this manually takes some experience related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY approach to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Dropbox in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Dropbox supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 13:29:15.170