This page contains thorough information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. Further information on Dropbox, Inc. can be seen here
. You can get more details on Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is typically set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client folder, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option while installing the program. You can uninstall Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. Dropbox.exe is the Dropbox's main executable file and it takes circa 3.47 MB (3643712 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Dropbox. They take about 3.75 MB (3935088
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (3.47 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (165.57 KB)
- QtWebEngineProcess.exe (26.82 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (49.83 KB)
- dbxsvc.exe (42.33 KB)
The current web page applies to Dropbox version 50.3.68
only. For more Dropbox versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is an application released by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, computer users want to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be difficult because uninstalling this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY manner to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Dropbox with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of applications, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The publisher is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2018-05-16 16:37:28.833