How to uninstall Dropbox from your system
You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It is written by Dropbox, Inc.
. Check out here
where you can find out more on Dropbox, Inc.. Further information about Dropbox can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is to be found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for removing Dropbox is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. The program's main executable file is labeled Dropbox.exe and occupies 41.70 MB (43730648 bytes).
Dropbox installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 42.89 MB (44978216
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (41.70 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (161.66 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (1,008.17 KB)
- w9xpopen.exe (48.50 KB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 3.5.60
only. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
How to delete Dropbox from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
Dropbox is an application released by Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users decide to erase this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this:
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Dropbox in the list of applications, the following data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe" /InstallType:USER
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
- Windows 8 (6.2)
- Windows 8.1 (6.3)
- Windows 7 (6.1)
- Windows XP (5.1)
- Windows Vista (6.0)
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-04-24 00:08:15.507