Dropbox is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is written by How to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox, Inc.
. Additional info about Dropbox, Inc. can be seen here
. Detailed information about Dropbox can be found at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, depending on the user's option during install. The complete uninstall command line for Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled Dropbox.exe and it has a size of 31.15 MB (32667896 bytes).
The executable files below are part of Dropbox. They occupy about 31.52 MB (33056160
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (31.15 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (238.91 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (140.25 KB)
This web page is about Dropbox version 2.6.24
alone. For more Dropbox versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Some of these are shown below.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
Dropbox is an application marketed by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users choose to uninstall this application. This is hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Dropbox in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:07:11.923