You can find below detailed information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. More info about Dropbox, Inc. can be read here
. More details about Dropbox can be seen at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is to be found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's option during install. Dropbox's full uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 23.06 MB (24176560 bytes) on disk and is labeled Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox is composed of the following executables which occupy 23.22 MB (24351344
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (23.06 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (170.69 KB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 1.1.35
only. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Dropbox:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Dropbox's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Dropbox
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.14.dll
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\itag
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\msvcp71.dll
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
Dropbox is an application released by Dropbox, Inc.. Some users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this manually requires some skill regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK practice to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Dropbox from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox app will be found very quickly. After you click Dropbox in the list of apps, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-26 02:20:02.143