You can find below detailed information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. More info about Dropbox, Inc. can be read here
. More details about Dropbox can be seen at http://www.dropbox.com
. Usually the Dropbox program is to be found in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's option during install. Dropbox's full uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 23.06 MB (24176560 bytes) on disk and is labeled Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox is composed of the following executables which occupy 23.22 MB (24351344
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (23.06 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (170.69 KB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 1.1.35
only. You can find here a few links to other Dropbox releases:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Dropbox we suggest you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Dropbox:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Dropbox's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Dropbox
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\DropboxExt.14.dll
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\itag
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Dropbox\bin\msvcp71.dll
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
Dropbox is an application released by Dropbox, Inc.. Some users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this manually requires some skill regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK practice to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Dropbox from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search field and type in "Dropbox". If it is installed on your PC the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The software company is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-26 02:20:02.143