You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Dropbox from your PCDropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Click on https://www.dropbox.com
to get more details about Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s website. Dropbox is usually set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option while installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling Dropbox is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's main file takes around 35.01 MB (36710768 bytes) and its name is Dropbox.exe.
Dropbox is comprised of the following executables which occupy 35.17 MB (36876336
bytes) on disk:
- Dropbox.exe (35.01 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (161.69 KB)
This page is about Dropbox version 3.10.7
only. Click on the links below for other Dropbox versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Many times the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe.FriendlyAppName
Dropbox is an application marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users want to remove this program. Sometimes this is troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge regarding PCs. The best EASY manner to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Dropbox with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". If it exists on your system the Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-21 15:23:28.130