Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is developed by How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PCAvira
. Additional info about Avira can be read here
. Detailed information about Avira Free Antivirus can be seen at http://www.avira.com/fr/free-av
. Usually the Avira Free Antivirus application is placed in the C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop folder, depending on the user's option during setup. Avira Free Antivirus's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. avcenter.exe is the Avira Free Antivirus's main executable file and it takes circa 323.22 KB (330976 bytes) on disk.
Avira Free Antivirus is composed of the following executables which take 11.06 MB (11595840
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- apnstub.exe (141.70 KB)
- apntoolbarinstaller.exe (5.39 MB)
- avcenter.exe (323.22 KB)
- avconfig.exe (416.22 KB)
- avgnt.exe (337.22 KB)
- avguard.exe (108.22 KB)
- avnotify.exe (278.72 KB)
- avrestart.exe (177.72 KB)
- avscan.exe (624.72 KB)
- avshadow.exe (77.72 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (56.72 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (552.22 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (227.22 KB)
- avwsc.exe (161.63 KB)
- fact.exe (443.72 KB)
- guardgui.exe (140.72 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (81.72 KB)
- licmgr.exe (96.23 KB)
- sched.exe (84.72 KB)
- setup.exe (749.22 KB)
- setuppending.exe (89.72 KB)
- update.exe (586.22 KB)
- updrgui.exe (45.86 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 188.8.131.5278
of Avira Free Antivirus. You can find here a few links to other Avira Free Antivirus releases:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Avira Free Antivirus's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\about.htm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aebb.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aecore.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aeemu.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\ModifyPath
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\UninstallString
Avira Free Antivirus is a program offered by Avira. Some computer users choose to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY action to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Avira Free Antivirus or simply click the Search field and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". The Avira Free Antivirus application will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Avira Free Antivirus in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.avira.com/fr/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After removing Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Avira Free Antivirus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your computer, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-05-20 23:18:51.477