Avira Free Antivirus
This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus for Windows. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PCAvira
. Further information on Avira can be seen here
. Further information about Avira Free Antivirus can be found at http://www.avira.de/free-av
. Usually the Avira Free Antivirus application is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop directory, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove Avira Free Antivirus by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 645.55 KB (661048 bytes) on disk and is called avcenter.exe.
Avira Free Antivirus is composed of the following executables which occupy 17.96 MB (18832832
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- avadmin.exe (431.05 KB)
- avcenter.exe (645.55 KB)
- avconfig.exe (751.55 KB)
- avgnt.exe (668.55 KB)
- avguard.exe (430.05 KB)
- avnotify.exe (742.05 KB)
- avrestart.exe (499.55 KB)
- avscan.exe (1,008.55 KB)
- avshadow.exe (587.55 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (402.05 KB)
- avwebg7.exe (988.05 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (988.05 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (553.05 KB)
- avwsc.exe (838.59 KB)
- ccuac.exe (463.55 KB)
- checkt.exe (392.55 KB)
- fact.exe (778.05 KB)
- guardgui.exe (455.55 KB)
- inssda64.exe (487.55 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (456.05 KB)
- licmgr.exe (447.55 KB)
- offercast_avirav7_.exe (1.27 MB)
- sched.exe (430.05 KB)
- setup.exe (1.27 MB)
- setuppending.exe (412.55 KB)
- update.exe (913.05 KB)
- updrgui.exe (390.05 KB)
- wsctool.exe (630.55 KB)
This data is about Avira Free Antivirus version 188.8.131.524
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Avira Free Antivirus:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are listed below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PC:
The files below remain on your disk by Avira Free Antivirus's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
Many times the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\about.htm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aebb.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aecore.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aeemu.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is a program released by Avira. Sometimes, people try to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because deleting this manually takes some knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Avira Free Antivirus with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it exists on your system the Avira Free Antivirus application will be found automatically. When you click Avira Free Antivirus in the list , the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.avira.de/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your computer, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-03-13 00:25:59.440