Avira Free Antivirus
This page is about Avira Free Antivirus for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your systemAvira
. You can find out more on Avira or check for application updates here
. You can get more details about Avira Free Antivirus at http://www.avira.it/
. The program is usually located in the C:\Programmi\Avira\AntiVir Desktop directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Avira Free Antivirus by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Programmi\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. Avira Free Antivirus's main file takes about 169.95 KB (174032 bytes) and is named guardgui.exe.
Avira Free Antivirus contains of the executables below. They occupy 1.75 MB (1832088
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- guardgui.exe (169.95 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (84.95 KB)
- licmgr.exe (103.85 KB)
- sched.exe (84.20 KB)
- setup.exe (699.99 KB)
- update.exe (599.49 KB)
- updrgui.exe (46.70 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 22.214.171.1248
of Avira Free Antivirus. Click on the links below for other Avira Free Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your computer:
- C:\Programmi\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Avira\Avira Desktop\Avira Free Antivirus Guida in linea.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Avira\Avira Desktop\Avira su Internet.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Avira\Avira Desktop\Avvia Avira Free Antivirus.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Avira\Avira Desktop\Visualizza Readme.lnk
Supplementary values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\ModifyPath
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop\UninstallString
Avira Free Antivirus is a program released by Avira. Some people choose to uninstall it. This is difficult because uninstalling this manually requires some skill related to PCs. The best QUICK approach to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it exists on your system the Avira Free Antivirus application will be found very quickly. After you select Avira Free Antivirus in the list , the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.avira.it/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Programmi\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After removing Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Avira Free Antivirus which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to remove Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your PC, we are not saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove Avira Free Antivirus supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-02-10 15:16:10.453