Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PCAvira
. Open here
for more information on Avira. Click on http://www.avira.com/free-av
to get more facts about Avira Free Antivirus on Avira's website. Usually the Avira Free Antivirus program is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop folder, depending on the user's option during setup. Avira Free Antivirus's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. The program's main executable file is named avcenter.exe and occupies 382.45 KB (391632 bytes).
The executable files below are installed together with Avira Free Antivirus. They occupy about 13.31 MB (13953376
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- apnstub.exe (139.88 KB)
- apntoolbarinstaller.exe (3.35 MB)
- avadmin.exe (83.95 KB)
- avcenter.exe (382.45 KB)
- avconfig.exe (488.99 KB)
- avgnt.exe (340.49 KB)
- avguard.exe (107.45 KB)
- avhlp.exe (64.95 KB)
- avira_free_antivirus.exe (2.00 MB)
- avnotify.exe (296.99 KB)
- avrestart.exe (177.95 KB)
- avscan.exe (457.28 KB)
- avshadow.exe (242.95 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (57.70 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (454.45 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (227.45 KB)
- avwsc.exe (114.93 KB)
- fact.exe (482.28 KB)
- guardgui.exe (169.95 KB)
- inssda64.exe (165.95 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (84.95 KB)
- licmgr.exe (103.85 KB)
- migrationAssistant.exe (1.95 MB)
- sched.exe (84.20 KB)
- setup.exe (698.78 KB)
- update.exe (598.28 KB)
- updrgui.exe (46.70 KB)
- wsctool.exe (78.95 KB)
The current page applies to Avira Free Antivirus version 22.214.171.1240
only. You can find below info on other versions of Avira Free Antivirus:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were left behind:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\about.htm
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aebb.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aecore.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aeemu.dll
Additional values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is a program by the software company Avira. Sometimes, users decide to remove this program. This is troublesome because performing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE manner to remove Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Avira Free Antivirus or simply click the Search field and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it is installed on your PC the Avira Free Antivirus application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Avira Free Antivirus in the list of apps, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.avira.com/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After removing Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Avira Free Antivirus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your computer, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Avira Free Antivirus supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-03-25 11:14:42.767