Avira Free Antivirus
This info is about Avira Free Antivirus for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PCAvira
. Check out here
for more information on Avira. Click on http://www.avira.es/free-av
to get more data about Avira Free Antivirus on Avira's website. Avira Free Antivirus is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop directory, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The full command line for removing Avira Free Antivirus is C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for administrator rights. apnstub.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 139.88 KB (143240 bytes) on disk.
Avira Free Antivirus is comprised of the following executables which take 9.35 MB (9803176
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- apnstub.exe (139.88 KB)
- apntoolbarinstaller.exe (3.72 MB)
- avadmin.exe (83.95 KB)
- avcenter.exe (382.45 KB)
- avconfig.exe (488.99 KB)
- avgnt.exe (340.49 KB)
- avguard.exe (107.45 KB)
- avnotify.exe (296.99 KB)
- avrestart.exe (177.95 KB)
- avscan.exe (457.49 KB)
- avshadow.exe (78.45 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (57.70 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (454.45 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (227.45 KB)
- avwsc.exe (114.93 KB)
- fact.exe (483.49 KB)
- guardgui.exe (169.95 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (84.95 KB)
- licmgr.exe (103.85 KB)
- sched.exe (84.20 KB)
- setup.exe (699.99 KB)
- update.exe (599.49 KB)
- updrgui.exe (46.70 KB)
- wsctool.exe (78.95 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 22.214.171.1243
of Avira Free Antivirus. Click on the links below for other Avira Free Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is an application marketed by Avira. Frequently, people want to uninstall this program. This can be hard because removing this manually takes some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE manner to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Avira Free Antivirus with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search field and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". The Avira Free Antivirus app will be found automatically. After you click Avira Free Antivirus in the list of applications, some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Avira Free Antivirus, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.avira.es/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After removing Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your PC, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-09-11 02:38:37.537