Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus is a Windows application. Read more about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is developed by A guide to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your systemAvira
. More information on Avira can be seen here
. Further information about Avira Free Antivirus can be seen at http://www.avira.com/free-av
. Avira Free Antivirus is typically set up in the C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop directory, subject to the user's decision. The complete uninstall command line for Avira Free Antivirus is C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. avcenter.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 685.80 KB (702256 bytes) on disk.
Avira Free Antivirus installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 19.45 MB (20396952
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- avcenter.exe (685.80 KB)
- avconfig.exe (801.74 KB)
- avgnt.exe (686.80 KB)
- sched.exe (422.74 KB)
- avira_en____fm.exe (4.37 MB)
- avnotify.exe (686.24 KB)
- avrestart.exe (533.80 KB)
- avscan.exe (991.24 KB)
- avshadow.exe (417.80 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (400.74 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (968.30 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (507.30 KB)
- avwsc.exe (1,019.20 KB)
- ccuac.exe (454.30 KB)
- checkt.exe (392.74 KB)
- fact.exe (858.80 KB)
- guardgui.exe (643.30 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (442.24 KB)
- licmgr.exe (472.80 KB)
- setup.exe (1.75 MB)
- setuppending.exe (409.24 KB)
- update.exe (1.02 MB)
- updrgui.exe (385.24 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 184.108.40.2064
of Avira Free Antivirus. Click on the links below for other Avira Free Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are shown below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove Avira Free Antivirus:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avrestart.exe
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\ccwkrlib.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\firewall.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\mfc120u.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\msvcp120.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\msvcr120.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\rcimage.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\rctext.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\restartrc.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\scewxmlw.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\systemutilities.dll
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CryptoTab Browser\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk\220.127.116.116_0\img\logo-avira-antivirus.png
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\flliilndjeohchalpbbcdekjklbdgfkk\18.104.22.1686_0\img\logo-avira-antivirus.png
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\3CZYELBP\logo-avira-antivirus.png
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Avira Control Center.lnk
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is a program marketed by Avira. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because performing this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK manner to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove Avira Free Antivirus from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it is installed on your PC the Avira Free Antivirus application will be found automatically. When you click Avira Free Antivirus in the list of applications, the following data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.avira.com/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your PC, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-28 12:49:23.960