Avira Free Antivirus
You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove Avira Free Antivirus for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your computerAvira
. Additional info about Avira can be found here
. Please open http://www.avira.com/free-av
if you want to read more on Avira Free Antivirus on Avira's website. Avira Free Antivirus is usually set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop folder, subject to the user's choice. You can uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for admin rights. avcenter.exe is the Avira Free Antivirus's primary executable file and it occupies approximately 681.58 KB (697936 bytes) on disk.
Avira Free Antivirus installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 18.85 MB (19760640
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- avadmin.exe (406.08 KB)
- avcenter.exe (681.58 KB)
- avconfig.exe (826.58 KB)
- avgnt.exe (720.08 KB)
- sched.exe (420.08 KB)
- avnotify.exe (658.08 KB)
- avrestart.exe (532.58 KB)
- avscan.exe (1,005.58 KB)
- avshadow.exe (607.58 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (399.08 KB)
- avwebg7.exe (1,016.08 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (1,016.08 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (483.58 KB)
- avwsc.exe (1.13 MB)
- ccuac.exe (452.58 KB)
- checkt.exe (391.08 KB)
- fact.exe (856.58 KB)
- guardgui.exe (456.08 KB)
- inssda64.exe (475.08 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (437.08 KB)
- licmgr.exe (471.58 KB)
- offercast_avirav7_.exe (1.27 MB)
- setup.exe (1.77 MB)
- setuppending.exe (407.08 KB)
- update.exe (1,022.08 KB)
- updrgui.exe (384.08 KB)
- wsctool.exe (480.08 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 22.214.171.1244
of Avira Free Antivirus. Click on the links below for other Avira Free Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus we advise you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were left behind:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\about.htm
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aebb.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aecore.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aeemu.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is a program marketed by the software company Avira. Sometimes, people decide to remove this program. Sometimes this is hard because performing this manually takes some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY way to remove Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Avira Free Antivirus from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search field and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it exists on your system the Avira Free Antivirus app will be found very quickly. When you select Avira Free Antivirus in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Avira Free Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.avira.com/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After removing Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Avira Free Antivirus that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your computer, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Avira Free Antivirus in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-05-12 19:59:40.327