Avira Free Antivirus
This page contains detailed information on how to remove Avira Free Antivirus for Windows. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your PCAvira
. You can find out more on Avira or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://www.avira.com/free-av
if you want to read more on Avira Free Antivirus on Avira's page. Usually the Avira Free Antivirus application is placed in the C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop directory, depending on the user's option during setup. Avira Free Antivirus's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE. The application's main executable file occupies 1.23 MB (1291696 bytes) on disk and is labeled offercast_avirav7_.exe.
The executable files below are installed alongside Avira Free Antivirus. They occupy about 8.21 MB (8609640
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- avadmin.exe (80.05 KB)
- avcenter.exe (321.05 KB)
- avconfig.exe (421.55 KB)
- avgnt.exe (337.05 KB)
- avguard.exe (105.55 KB)
- avnotify.exe (278.05 KB)
- avrestart.exe (175.05 KB)
- avscan.exe (620.05 KB)
- avshadow.exe (75.05 KB)
- avupgsvc.exe (54.05 KB)
- avwebg7.exe (792.05 KB)
- avwebgrd.exe (575.55 KB)
- avwebloader.exe (226.05 KB)
- avwsc.exe (492.60 KB)
- ccuac.exe (119.55 KB)
- fact.exe (444.55 KB)
- guardgui.exe (130.05 KB)
- ipmgui.exe (108.55 KB)
- licmgr.exe (93.57 KB)
- offercast_avirav7_.exe (1.23 MB)
- sched.exe (82.05 KB)
- setup.exe (757.55 KB)
- setuppending.exe (87.05 KB)
- update.exe (584.55 KB)
- updrgui.exe (43.05 KB)
- wsctool.exe (142.05 KB)
This web page is about Avira Free Antivirus version 126.96.36.19984
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Avira Free Antivirus:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Avira Free Antivirus:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Avira Free Antivirus's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop
Generally the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\about.htm
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aebb.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aecore.dll
- C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\aeemu.dll
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACUserNameNE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Avira AntiVir Desktop
Avira Free Antivirus is a program released by Avira. Some people choose to remove it. Sometimes this can be difficult because removing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE way to remove Avira Free Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Avira Free Antivirus or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Avira Free Antivirus". If it exists on your system the Avira Free Antivirus application will be found very quickly. After you click Avira Free Antivirus in the list of applications, the following data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Avira Free Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Avira Free Antivirus:
- The publisher is: http://www.avira.com/free-av
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\setup.exe /REMOVE
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Avira Free Antivirus.
8. After uninstalling Avira Free Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Avira Free Antivirus which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Avira Free Antivirus with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus by Avira from your computer, nor are we saying that Avira Free Antivirus by Avira is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Avira Free Antivirus in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-29 01:56:06.123