This page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It is produced by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. Open here
for more information on AVG Technologies. AVG Protection is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file occupies 687.77 KB (704272 bytes) on disk and is called avgntdumpx.exe.
AVG Protection contains of the executables below. They take 5.51 MB (5780784
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (687.77 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.70 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.14 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.71.7598
only. Click on the links below for other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall AVG Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Registry keys:
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Some users want to remove this application. This is troublesome because uninstalling this manually requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK approach to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase AVG Protection with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection program will be found very quickly. After you select AVG Protection in the list , the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 16:00:46.493