This page contains thorough information on how to remove AVG Protection for Windows. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. Additional info about AVG Technologies can be found here
. The application is often installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder. Take into account that this location can vary being determined by the user's preference. You can uninstall AVG Protection by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's main executable file and it occupies close to 681.77 KB (698128 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in AVG Protection. They take 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
This page is about AVG Protection version 2016.141.7996
only. For more AVG Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and registry data will be left behind when you want to remove AVG Protection from your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, computer users want to erase this program. This can be hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some know-how related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE action to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove AVG Protection from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it exists on your system the AVG Protection application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select AVG Protection in the list of applications, some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-12-19 18:11:56.987