This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall AVG Protection for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. You can find out more on AVG Technologies or check for application updates here
. Usually the AVG Protection program is placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory, depending on the user's option during install. The full uninstall command line for AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. avgntdumpx.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 678.91 KB (695208 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in AVG Protection. They occupy 5.82 MB (6103800
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (678.91 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.14 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.02 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.40.7410
alone. You can find here a few links to other AVG Protection releases:
...click to view all...
AVG Protection is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Frequently, users try to uninstall it. This is easier said than done because doing this manually requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK action to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove AVG Protection from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection application will be found very quickly. After you click AVG Protection in the list , some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-01-27 08:27:55.170