AVG Protection is a computer program. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. Check out here
where you can read more on AVG Technologies. The application is usually found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. avgsetupx.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 3.49 MB (3661072 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of AVG Protection. They take about 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 16.51.7497
of AVG Protection. You can find below a few links to other AVG Protection releases:
...click to view all...
Some files, folders and registry entries will not be removed when you remove AVG Protection from your PC.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, people try to uninstall it. This can be troublesome because performing this by hand takes some experience regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE manner to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection app will be found very quickly. After you click AVG Protection in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AVG Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-10-15 12:21:36.947