This web page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Check out here
where you can get more info on AVG Technologies. Usually the AVG Protection application is installed in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup folder, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. The application's main executable file is named avgntdumpx.exe and it has a size of 678.91 KB (695208 bytes).
The following executables are incorporated in AVG Protection. They take 5.82 MB (6103800
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (678.91 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.14 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.02 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.31.7357
alone. Click on the links below for other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
If you are manually uninstalling AVG Protection we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Supplementary values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by AVG Technologies. Some users choose to erase it. This can be easier said than done because deleting this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best SIMPLE solution to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove AVG Protection from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate AVG Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select AVG Protection in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-19 21:11:43.120