You can find below details on how to uninstall AVG Protection for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Additional info about AVG Technologies can be found here
. Usually the AVG Protection program is placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe is the full command line if you want to remove AVG Protection. avgsetupx.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 3.49 MB (3661072 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with AVG Protection. They occupy about 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
The current web page applies to AVG Protection version 16.41.7442
only. For other AVG Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
AVG Protection has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files\AVG\Zen\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG Zen\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is an application marketed by AVG Technologies. Sometimes, people decide to remove this application. This is easier said than done because deleting this manually takes some knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY way to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select AVG Protection in the list , some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-12-05 13:59:06.920