You can find on this page detailed information on how to uninstall AVG Protection for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. Check out here
where you can find out more on AVG Technologies. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory (same installation drive as Windows). AVG Protection's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe. avgsetupx.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 3.49 MB (3661072 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of AVG Protection. They take an average of 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
This page is about AVG Protection version 16.141.7996
alone. You can find below a few links to other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Registry keys:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG PC TuneUp\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by AVG Technologies. Frequently, people try to uninstall this program. Sometimes this is hard because performing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply activate the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection app will be found very quickly. When you select AVG Protection in the list , some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-09-17 07:08:56.347