This page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is produced by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. Additional info about AVG Technologies can be read here
. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's choice. C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's main executable file and it occupies about 695.27 KB (711952 bytes) on disk.
AVG Protection is composed of the following executables which occupy 5.97 MB (6256432
bytes) on disk:
- avgntdumpx.exe (695.27 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.78 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.50 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.121.7858
alone. You can find below a few links to other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
Quite a few files, folders and Windows registry entries can not be removed when you remove AVG Protection from your computer.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, users want to remove it. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE action to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall AVG Protection from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection program will be found automatically. After you click AVG Protection in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-09-30 16:23:39.870