AVG Protection is a software application. This page contains details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. You can read more on AVG Technologies or check for application updates here
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup directory (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. The application's main executable file is named avgntdumpx.exe and occupies 659.41 KB (675240 bytes).
The executables below are part of AVG Protection. They occupy an average of 5.78 MB (6058232
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (659.41 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.13 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.00 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.51.7496
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of AVG Protection:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are listed below.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program marketed by the software company AVG Technologies. Frequently, people try to erase it. This can be hard because uninstalling this by hand requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE practice to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection application will be found automatically. Notice that after you select AVG Protection in the list of applications, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-20 14:44:02.973