This web page contains thorough information on how to remove AVG Protection for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PCAVG Technologies
. Check out here
where you can get more info on AVG Technologies. AVG Protection is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory, regulated by the user's option. The complete uninstall command line for AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. The program's main executable file is titled avgntdumpx.exe and its approximative size is 695.27 KB (711952 bytes).
The following executables are contained in AVG Protection. They take 5.97 MB (6256432
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (695.27 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.78 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.50 MB)
This info is about AVG Protection version 2016.31.7356
only. For other AVG Protection versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are shown below.You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG Zen\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program offered by AVG Technologies. Frequently, people decide to remove this program. This is efortful because removing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE approach to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove AVG Protection from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection program will be found very quickly. When you click AVG Protection in the list , some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-09-26 07:56:15.840