This page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. More information on AVG Technologies can be seen here
. AVG Protection is normally installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory, regulated by the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's primary executable file and it takes around 759.91 KB (778152 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed alongside AVG Protection. They take about 5.60 MB (5872888
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (759.91 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.12 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (2.74 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.131.7924
only. You can find below info on other releases of AVG Protection:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
Open regedit.exe to remove the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is an application by AVG Technologies. Sometimes, users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is difficult because deleting this manually takes some experience related to PCs. One of the best EASY practice to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete AVG Protection from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select AVG Protection in the list of programs, some data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-11-07 14:44:20.507