AVG Protection is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. More data about AVG Technologies can be seen here
. The application is often placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for administrator rights. AVG Protection's primary file takes about 759.91 KB (778152 bytes) and is called avgntdumpx.exe.
AVG Protection installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 5.60 MB (5872888
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (759.91 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (2.12 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (2.74 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.4.7160
only. Click on the links below for other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall AVG Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove AVG Protection:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\AVG Protection.lnk
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\AVG Protection.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
AVG Protection is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Sometimes, people want to uninstall this application. This can be efortful because removing this manually takes some knowledge regarding PCs. The best QUICK action to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete AVG Protection from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find AVG Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection application will be found very quickly. After you select AVG Protection in the list of applications, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-09-30 10:00:45.630