This page contains detailed information on how to remove AVG Protection for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. Take a look here
for more details on AVG Technologies. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup directory (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av is the full command line if you want to uninstall AVG Protection. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's primary executable file and it occupies approximately 687.77 KB (704272 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in AVG Protection. They take 5.53 MB (5800240
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (687.77 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.71 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.15 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 2016.12.7303
of AVG Protection. You can find here a few links to other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are shown below.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Additional values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Zen\
AVG Protection is an application offered by AVG Technologies. Sometimes, people try to erase it. This can be troublesome because performing this manually requires some skill regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY manner to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete AVG Protection from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection program will be found very quickly. When you click AVG Protection in the list of apps, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove AVG Protection.
8. After uninstalling AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:26:53.127