AVG Protection is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall AVG Protection from your computerAVG Technologies
. You can read more on AVG Technologies or check for application updates here
. Usually the AVG Protection program is placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. avgntdumpx.exe is the AVG Protection's main executable file and it occupies about 681.77 KB (698128 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of AVG Protection. They take about 4.16 MB (4359200
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (681.77 KB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.49 MB)
The current page applies to AVG Protection version 2016.151.8007
alone. You can find below info on other releases of AVG Protection:
...click to view all...
Quite a few files, folders and Windows registry data will not be removed when you remove AVG Protection from your PC.Usually the following registry data will not be removed:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Framework\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Zen\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG Zen\
AVG Protection is a program offered by the software company AVG Technologies. Frequently, people try to uninstall it. This is easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK manner to uninstall AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall AVG Protection with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find AVG Protection or simply activate the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". If it is installed on your PC the AVG Protection program will be found automatically. After you select AVG Protection in the list of apps, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AVG Protection, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
This page is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, nor are we saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-03-09 15:07:07.300