This web page contains complete information on how to remove AVG Protection for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. Further information on AVG Technologies can be seen here
. AVG Protection is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup directory, depending on the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling AVG Protection is C:\Program Files\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for admin rights. The application's main executable file is called avgntdumpx.exe and its approximative size is 685.77 KB (702224 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside AVG Protection. They occupy about 5.52 MB (5788976
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (685.77 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.71 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.14 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 2016.7.7226
of AVG Protection. Click on the links below for other AVG Protection versions:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall AVG Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Registry keys:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AVG\
AVG Protection is an application by AVG Technologies. Frequently, computer users try to erase this application. This is hard because uninstalling this by hand takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE action to erase AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete AVG Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate AVG Protection or simply activate the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". If it exists on your system the AVG Protection application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click AVG Protection in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your PC, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove AVG Protection supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-29 00:32:34.790