This web page is about AVG Protection for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It is written by A way to uninstall AVG Protection from your systemAVG Technologies
. More information on AVG Technologies can be found here
. Usually the AVG Protection program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup folder, depending on the user's option during setup. AVG Protection's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Setup\avgsetupx.exe /mode=offline /uninstall=av. The application's main executable file is titled avgntdumpx.exe and its approximative size is 693.27 KB (709904 bytes).
The following executable files are contained in AVG Protection. They occupy 5.67 MB (5945648
bytes) on disk.
- avgntdumpx.exe (693.27 KB)
- avgsetupwrkx.exe (1.78 MB)
- avgsetupx.exe (3.21 MB)
This web page is about AVG Protection version 2016.111.7797
only. You can find below a few links to other AVG Protection releases:
...click to view all...
AVG Protection has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Frequently the following registry data will not be cleaned:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders\C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\Av\
AVG Protection is an application released by AVG Technologies. Frequently, computer users choose to remove this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because doing this manually requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY practice to remove AVG Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall AVG Protection from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AVG Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG Protection". The AVG Protection application will be found automatically. When you select AVG Protection in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding AVG Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove AVG Protection.
8. After removing AVG Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong AVG Protection that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AVG Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Protection by AVG Technologies from your computer, we are not saying that AVG Protection by AVG Technologies is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Protection supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-31 15:47:57.467